Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why is my burner burning so slow?

I only just switched from a 8x speed burner to a 32x speed burner. When burning a dvd, the encoding part take about duplicate amount of time (1-2 hours). When I put the video image on a blank dvd, the 8x burner take about 20 minutes. But the problem is that the 32x burner take up to 6 hours and cannot understand why. I am using the right blank dvd's (for the 8x burner i used Verbatim 1x-8x dvd+r and for the 32x burner i use Sony 1x-16x dvd+r). I have someone install this for me but cannot give me a legit answer of what's going on. I want to know how to speed up the burning. I am ok beside the encoding part. I am still using impossible to tell apart software roxio and dvd shrink and it should not be the problem because i used it before eventhough nero be recently installed. I also have my virus protection on but i did it before next to 8x speed burner. When I burn a dvd i set the speed to 16x to match the speed of my blank dvd.

Why is my burner burning so slow?

I hold to agree with the previous poster, I don't deliberate there are any 32x DVD burners. I own a 16x burner, and it performs at going on for 8-10x. Try updating the firmware on your burner. You can usually do this by going to the manufacturers website and download an .exe profile that will update it for you.



Regards,



Brandon
There is no such thing as a 32x dvd burner. 18 to 21 is the fastest they run right now. 32x is probably for CDs not DVDs


No comments:

Post a Comment