Friday, September 17, 2010

Why have Windows Explorer stopped reading disks within any one of my disk drives?

I'm have a problem with my home CPU. Windows Explorer have stopped recognizing the presence programming on a disk contained by either drive. If I put contained by a Music CD, the computer action the presence of the disk, but shows it as blank. When I activate Yahoo Music or Real Player, they can read and play the disk, so it is not a problem beside the disk. Normally, when you put a music disk into the drive, Windows will activate a porthole and ask what program to use to play the disk. It doesn't do this. When I open Real Player or Yahoo Music, I own to manually select the disk drive where the disc is present.



The big problem is I cannot load any software on disks. I tried using the run function and putting contained by the drive letter and baptize of the instal file, but that did not work any. Any idea what is going on with Windows?

Why have Windows Explorer stopped reading disks within any one of my disk drives?

Try enable the autorun function. To do this, Right Click ur CDROM,click Properties, select the Autorun tab. There you can select how a particular type of disk is handle by XP. U can also try right-clicking the CDROM icon when a disk is inserted and afterwards clicking Open. Also check whether u have a virus, coz I've have an experience with a really annoying virus which does stuff close to this to XP. You can check to c if ur PC is infected if u click Tools in the toolbar of Mycomputer and see whether u enjoy folder options. If it aint there next it could most probably be that virus.

Hope this helps.
Try restarting the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment