Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Will Linux support SATA rugged disk?

I can't Install the RHEL 4 on SATA Hard Disk

It say no storege device is found.

Will Linux support SATA rugged disk?

I don't know if your hard drive is special or unusual, but I enjoy a SATA hard drive and I didn't have need of any drivers or anything for it to work with any reworked copy of Linux I've used (Fedora and Ubuntu distros, mostly). Compare that to Windows XP, which needed me to provide it the drivers during the installation. Unless you have a one attachment to RHEL (like, you paid for it or something), try Ubuntu. Good luck!
You call for to find sata drivers for your system, designed for linux.
hmmm, of all the linux live-cd's i enjoy used all of them detected my SATA drive. And its a RAID drive too, the window xp install disk too shity to even recognize RAID, or come next to the right drivers. And now i stipulation a floppy drive, but i dont ******* have one. >.<!!!!



Here is adjectives the Linux Live-CDs i use:

Puppy Linux

Ubuntu Linux

DamnSmall Linux (DSL)

Knoppix Linux

Feather Linux
I think you will have need of at least 2.6 kernel for it to detect your SATA drives otherwise you will call for a driver which can get messy.

Get the 'latest' variation of RHEL or download Fedora 7 (RedHat spinoff) which supports SATA 'out of the box'.


No comments:

Post a Comment