Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why i Cant Run Disk Defragmenter for My (D:)?

Why i Cant Run Disk Defragmenter for My (D:)?

Disk Defragmenter have detected that Chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume: (D:).

Please Run Chkdsk /f.

What is my problem and how to fix it?

thank you

Why i Cant Run Disk Defragmenter for My (D:)?

Boot your computer surrounded by safe mode (by pressing F8 as soon as you see starting WindowsXP) and run the defrag program from in that.

If that doesn't work, start the computer with the DOS prompt (again by pressing F8 when booting the computer), type D:, followed by <enter>, next type chkdsk /f <enter>. Then reboot your computer and retry defragging the harddrive.
If it's windows XP it may not run the defragmenter if at hand is less than 15% free space on that drive/partition.
You obligation to run chkdsk /r first...

You can do this two ways...

I would pull up the dos applet found underneath Start - Programs - Accessories and type in D: the click enter and type within chkdsk /r

If there's no OS files on that drive it will lock in out and do it's entity...

If there's any OS files on that drive it will ask if you want to preform this at your next reboot. Answer Yes.



if you reboot and chkdsk does not start consequently do the same entity again and this time when you reboot keep rhythm the R ket when the window blind comes up...

This should work and then you can do your defrag...

I have the same problem up to that time my hard drive go out on me...Joe

wedding rental plants

No comments:

Post a Comment